Getting to Know Author Gary L. Smith
1. If you could cast your characters in the Hollywood adaptation of your book, who would play your characters? David would beplayed by Mark Wahlberg and Goliath by Andre’ the Giant.
2. How important are names to you in your books? I don’t write fiction, so I use actual names.
3. What do you consider to be your best accomplishment? Raising three of the most amazing daughters in the world.
4. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Happily retired and still writing.
5. Were you already a great writer? Have you always like to write? I think my writing style evolved over the years with a lot of assistance from my wife, who I affectionately call the “grammar nazi”.
6. What writing advice do you have for other aspiring authors? Start small and work your way up. Practice makes perfect.
7. If you didn’t like writing books, what would you do for a living? Writing is a part of what I do as a consultant and coach.
8. Do you read your reviews? Do you respond to them, good or bad? Do you have any advice on how to deal with the bad? Yes, I read and respond to reviews. I haven’t had a bad review yet.
9. What is your best marketing tip? Never give up. If you touch one life, it’s worth it.
10. What is your least favorite part of the publishing / writing process? Marketing and self-promotion.
11. Is there one subject you would never write about as an author? What is it? Sex.
12. Is this your first book? How many books have you written prior (if any?) This was my first book, but I have written two more since then.
13. What are you working on now? What is your next project? I am not sure what my next project will be. I am considering writing a book on transformational leadership.
The Shepherd and the Princess is a book about learning to dream and then systematically removing the barriers standing between you and the life you’ve always wanted to create for yourself and your loved ones. This ancient story is full of true gems and “nuggets of gold” that will propel you toward the attainment of your deepest desires!
Best Selling Author of:
The Shepherd and the Princess: 7 Keys to Conquering the Goliaths in Your Life
Achieving Unuasual Greatness: Timeless Lessons from the Trail Already Blazed
The Customer Conundrum: 9 Crucial Steps for Winning Customers and Outsmarting Your Competition